Posted on : 05-12-2010 | By : dbiff | In : Dawn Breakers News
Two films from our Official Selections which had received much attention during the festival itself has gone to be included in the Oscar’s shortlist for best animated short.
Congrats to Madagascar & Urs.
It should also be noted that Zero, another selection, had made it to the “List of 33 Oscar-Qualified Animated Shorts”
- “The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger,” Bill Plympton, director (Bill Plympton Studio)
- “Coyote Falls,” Matthew O’Callaghan, director and Sam Register, executive producer (Warner Bros. Animation Inc.)
- “Day & Night,” Teddy Newton, director (Pixar Animation Studios)
- “The Gruffalo,” Jakob Schuh and Max Lang, directors (Magic Light Pictures)
- “Let’s Pollute,” Geefwee Boedoe, story-design-animation (Geefwee Boedoe)
- “The Lost Thing,” Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann, directors (Passion Pictures Australia)
- “Madagascar, Carnet de Voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary),” Bastien Dubois, director (Sacrebleu Productions)
- “Sensology,” Michel Gagne, director-producer (GAGNE International LLC)
- “The Silence beneath the Bark,” Joanna Lurie, director (Lardux Films)
- “Urs,” Moritz Mayerhofer, director (Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg)