Bobo & Kipi by Susan Sheper
TV Show / 13:00 / Digital HD / French (English dub) / Democratic Republic of the Congo / 2010 / International
The show encourages the development of essential virtues and the capacity for positive and healthy decision making from a young age.
Puppeteers: Dauphin Bulamatadi, Rita Ntoto, Jean-Paul Bindo, Belinda Imagna, Cynthia Sassa (all Congolese)
- Written and directed by Susan Sheper (Canadian)
- Script Editor : Sabour Bradley (Australian)
- Produced by Jason and Susan Sheper
- 1st AD: Sabour Bradley
- Director of Photography: Jake Simkin (Australian)
- Songs by Claude Mumbere (Congolese)
- Music by Paul Kalonzo (Congolese)
- Edited by Richard Kandolo (Congolese) and Susan Sheper
- Head Animator: Freddy Banona (Congolese)
- Animators and props: Heritier Lemba and Alain Ndombele (Congolese)
- Sound Engineer: Gregoire de Courtivron (French)
- Location manager: Mukendi Kabasele
Bobo & Kipi is a virtues-based television show for children from the ages of 3-6. The show encourages the development of essential virtues and the capacity for positive and healthy decision making from a young age. Each episode is built around a theme and this one is about equality of capacity and opportunity for girls and boys.
Using puppets, animation, live-action and plenty of music, the children are taken on a journey to a magical little village where their best friends, Bobo the Bobobo (an endangered species of chimp-like apes) and Kipi the Okapi (an endangered species from the giraffe family) guide them through their adventures.